The revolution in mobile technologies has enabled us to access information on fingertips, and we are connected to the whole world conveniently with our smartphone devices. However, in this fast-moving world, everyone wants to get information more quickly and easily. Therefore, there is a need for a faster and convenient mobile experience. Progressive Web Apps have changed the phenomenon of how online visitors use a website. Using PWAs (Progressive Web Apps), online visitors can use any website just like they use mobile apps on their phones.
Due to the numerous benefits that businesses derive from Progressive Web Apps, the demand for PWA development is increasing rapidly. However, creating a progressive web app with traditional methods is a time-taking process. Hence, the use of Progressive Web App frameworks is rising because these frameworks help create PWAs quickly. In 2022, there will be many top PWA frameworks that you can use to develop excellent progressive web apps according to your needs.
What is a PWA, and why do you need it?
A progressive web app or PWA is a form of the web application that loads a website. Indeed, a PWA is designed to access websites more easily and efficiently. Progressive Web Apps are compatible with different devices, including mobiles and desktops. These PWAs function like desktop or mobile apps and provide an equivalent user experience. These web apps have their own user interface and load in a separate browser window that gives the feeling of a native mobile or desktop app. It can be installed on mobiles or desktops and launched therefrom.
- A PWA is compatible with different platforms – different web browsers, operating systems, mobiles, and desktops because it runs on the web.
- Businesses can create a single app that will run multiple platforms.
- A PWA is a website in the core that means businesses can benefit from SEO to improve their ranking.
- The cost of creating a Progressive Web App is much lower because it is a cross-platform app that can run on multiple devices.
- PWAs have push notifications that ensure user engagement.
- The UI/UX of PWAs is like native apps.
- Due to caching, the app can work offline easily.
- The app always remains fresh because you don’t need to update it.
Are you curious to know more about progressive web apps? Check our comprehensive guide on PWA to get to know everything about it. You can learn everything about PWA.
Here are the top PWA frameworks that you can use to create progressive web apps in 2022:
Pros of AngularJS framework
- PWA implementation is easy with AngularJS because of a clearly defined methodology.
- Since Google is maintaining the framework, you can always expect reliable support and smooth operations.
- There is a vast community of AngularJS supporters.
- With the inclusion of the CLI (Command Line Interface) feature, the learning curve has reduced a lot.
Pros of ReactJS framework
- ReactJS helps to create highly flexible and scalable PWAs having extra packages.
- The code of PWAs can be used for native apps as well.
- ReactJS coms with Virtual DOM that updates elements before the actual DOM, speeding up the rendering process.
It is an open-source PWA framework founded by Microsoft. It offers a quick and convenient way for developers to create web applications compatible across multiple platforms. The framework is a popular tool for creating a wide range of web solutions, including progressive web apps with solid community support. You can choose the right PWA development services to develop an excellent progressive web app for your business.
Pros of PWABuilder framework
- You can convert any website into a full-fledged progressive web app without any development or only with minor development work.
- PWABuilder offers an easy and simple way for the development process. You simply need to enter the website URL in the input field, and the PWABuilder will analyze the components that are important to create your PWA.
- The PWA generated with this builder can be either downloaded or improved with extra functionalities.
Pros of Polymer framework
- Polymer has a comparatively easy-to-understand API.
- Due to the comprehensive documentation it offers, the implementation process becomes easy and hassle-free.
- It provides web app stack support along with routing, responsive layouts, data tier, and more.
You can get multiple benefits for your business by having a PWA. Focus on creating the right progressive web app for your business according to your needs. If you want, then you can check out the benefits of having a progressive web app for your business to get in-depth information.
Benefits of Progressive Web App Development
- It is compatible with different devices (mobiles, tablets, desktops), web browsers, and operating systems because it runs on the web.
- It can be installed on a desktop or mobile, and it will be available in apps sections from where it can be launched anytime easily.
- A PWA is just a website underneath, so businesses can take advantage of SEO to boost ranking.
- PWAs ensure user engagement through push notifications.
- It offers native app-like UI/UX.
- The app can work offline because of its caching capability.
- Updates happen automatically, so users need not update it regularly like they need to do with native apps.
If you are curious to know more about progressive web apps, then our comprehensive guide on PWA is a must to go through for you. You can learn everything about PWA.
The immense popularity of PWAs that increased in the last few years has also paved the way for new technologies to develop robust progressive web apps. PWA frameworks and tools have emerged as a sought-after method for creating PWAs. The following are the top PWA frameworks and tools that help to develop great progressive web apps.
Progressive Web Apps have emerged as a great alternative for native desktop and mobile applications in the past few years because of their excellence over those apps. Compared to native apps, PWAs take less space that encourages users to install them on their devices. While a typical native app can be above 10 MBs, a PWA is only a few KBs. Progressive web apps are faster than native apps because they have to load only a small amount of content.
PWAs can work offline because some content is cached during the first visit to the app, thanks to caching capabilities. Creating a perfect progressive web app requires a reliable partnership with a technology partner. You need to find a reliable PWA web development company to create the best solution for your business according to your needs. You can benefit from a PWA by making the app according to your requirements.